General Assignment Info
Class assignments for each day will be listed below, starting with the first assignment at the bottom of the screen. The most recent assignments will be at the top of the screen.
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL SOLOS
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL BGVS
SUBMIT AN ASSIGNMENT
1. Create a Garageband Project and title it "Song Title_Part you are singing_LastName.
2. Drag the audio file found in the class Dropbox folder under GARAGEBAND TEST FILES (for group part tests) or SOLO RECORDING TRACK (solos only) into your project to use as the background track over which you will record your part or your solo.
3. Turn the volume down to -12 or lower.
4. Create a vocal track. Click the plus sign top left and select the mic icon for VOICE.
5. Make sure the track is selected and hit Command-D to duplicate as many tracks as you need.
6. Give each track a name or number.
7. Record several takes and then audition each section to determine the most accurate recording. Re-record any portion that is not acceptable in terms of notes, rhythm, diction, intonation, phrasing and style.
8. It will likely be necessary to trim the track by grabbing the bottom corners left or right.
9. To split a clip, highlight the clip and hit Command-T. Highlight the clip you want to discard and hit delete.
10. Once you have eliminated all unwanted clips, go to SHARE > Export Song to Disc > and save the file to a convenient location.
11. Find the Dropbox File Request Link in the Assignment description below, and upload your file to Dropbox. It will go to a private folder that only I will see.
12. Once graded, you will receive an evaluation of your work.
2/25 Today we choreographed "Sing, Sing, Sing." We are now finished blocking the numbers. Please review all choreo on the BLOCKING tab above.
3/1 - Showcase Attire and Invites are due during class. Each is worth 20 points. We will run Act I on mic WITH DIALOGUE. I will send you scripts this weekend. All notes and all choreo need to be solid. See the BLOCKING tab above for all videos. REVIEW YOUR REHEARSAL TRACKS!
3/3 - We will run Act 2 on mic WITH DIALOGUE. All notes and all choreo need to be solid. All notes and all choreo need to be solid. See the BLOCKING tab above for all videos. REVIEW YOUR REHEARSAL TRACKS!
3/5 - We will run Act I on mic WITH DIALOGUE FROM MEMORY. All notes and all choreo need to be solid.
3/9 We will run Act 2 on mic WITH DIALOGUE FROM MEMORY. All notes and all choreo need to be solid.
3/11 We will run both Acts on mic WITH DIALOGUE FROM MEMORY. All notes and all choreo need to be stellar.
SIGN UP FOR ED PUZZLE
If it's your first time using Edpuzzle, you will need to sign up for an account (no email required!).