General Assignment Info
Class assignments for each day will be listed below, starting with the first assignment at the bottom of the screen. The most recent assignments will be at the top of the screen.
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL SOLOS
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL BGVS
SUBMIT AN ASSIGNMENT
1. Create a Garageband Project and title it "Song Title_Part you are singing_LastName.
2. Drag the audio file found in the class Dropbox folder under GARAGEBAND TEST FILES (for group part tests) or SOLO RECORDING TRACK (solos only) into your project to use as the background track over which you will record your part or your solo.
3. Turn the volume down to -12 or lower.
4. Create a vocal track. Click the plus sign top left and select the mic icon for VOICE.
5. Make sure the track is selected and hit Command-D to duplicate as many tracks as you need.
6. Give each track a name or number.
7. Record several takes and then audition each section to determine the most accurate recording. Re-record any portion that is not acceptable in terms of notes, rhythm, diction, intonation, phrasing and style.
8. It will likely be necessary to trim the track by grabbing the bottom corners left or right.
9. To split a clip, highlight the clip and hit Command-T. Highlight the clip you want to discard and hit delete.
10. Once you have eliminated all unwanted clips, go to SHARE > Export Song to Disc > and save the file to a convenient location.
11. Find the Dropbox File Request Link in the Assignment description below, and upload your file to Dropbox. It will go to a private folder that only I will see.
12. Once graded, you will receive an evaluation of your work.
11/23 Today in class we reviewed MBS and IHN. We learned any remaining parts we did not cover earlier. These two songs should be memorized by December 4. In “Sing, Sing, Sing” we worked m. 61-69 and m. 85-88. I introduced the solo parts for m. 117-132. We learned BGVs for m.133-147. All the BGVs up to this point should be solid. Ready for memory.
11/19 Today in class we tested BGVs for "Let's Get Loud." Also, we reviewed "Sing, Sing, Sing" m. 1-88. .
11/17 Fantastic job on Saturday! Many, many compliments. People told me how much they were moved by your performance. Well done.
Today in class, we reivewed pitches, lyrics and style for "Let's Get Loud."
Reviewed pitches for "Sing, Sing, Sing" up to measure 57. Please note the divisi. It is mostly four parts except for measures 58-60 and the final bar when it splits to five parts.
Soprano - EN, AGR, JS, KJN
Alto - GD, KelNy, CB, EH
Tenor - KRE, DU, MH, BW
Bass - BB, RC, CW, JW
5-parts (m. 58-60, m.226)
Soprano 1 - EN, AGR, JS
Soprano 2 - KJN, GD, KelNy
Alto - CB, EH, KRE
Tenor - DU, MH, BW, JW
Bass - RC, BB, CW
11/30 Be sure to have MBS and IHN memorized, and SSS up to m. 147.
11/23 Be sure to memorize "Sing, Sing, Sing" up to m. 88. Also review BGVs on "Mr. Blue Sky" and "I Have Nothing."
11/19 There will be a 25-point test over "Let's Get Loud."
You will be tested in sections and graded on a 5-point scale:
1- (1-5 points) - poor: did not put forth effort to memorize or sing notes with any sense of style or energy, poor intonation
2- (6-10 points) - some parts in place but needs a lot of work
3- (11-15 points) average: mostly memorized, needs improvement
4- (16-20 points) - good: memorized, good style, good intonation, good energy
5- (21-25 points) - outstanding: memorized, nailed the style, excellent intonation, excellent energy
Review and memorize "Sing, Sing, Sing" up to m. 57.
12/8 Final Exam due! Your final exam project will be to submit your part in Garageband for "Sing, Sing, Sing." There are five sections you may assigned to record, and each section is anywhere between 12-18 bars. Work toward mastering all these sections, then on Tuesday, December 4, we will draw sections in class.
You will record either:
Section A - m. 9 - 26
(18 bars, but you know this better than other sections)
Section B - m. 43 - 54
(12 bars, pretty tough)
Section C - m. 149 - 159
Section D - m. 172 - 179, m. 184 - 187
(8 bars + 4 bars = 12 bars)
Section E - m. 196 - 211
(16 bars, but repetitive)
This Garageband project will be due at the beginning of A1 class on December. It will be count as your exam and account for 20% of your semester grade. I don't have to tell you how pristine I expect it to be.
12/2 We will finish learning BGVs on "Sing, Sing, Sing. Review BGVs for "Mr. Blue Sky" and "I Have Nothing."
12/4 We will finish learning BGVs on "Sing, Sing, Sing. Review BGVs for "Mr. Blue Sky" and "I Have Nothing."
11/23 We will finish learning BGVs on "Sing, Sing, Sing. Review BGVs for "Mr. Blue Sky" and "I Have Nothing."
SIGN UP FOR ED PUZZLE
If it's your first time using Edpuzzle, you will need to sign up for an account (no email required!).