General Assignment Info
Class assignments for each day will be listed below, starting with the first assignment at the bottom of the screen. The most recent assignments will be at the top of the screen.
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL SOLOS
FILE REQUEST LINK FOR ALL BGVS
SUBMIT AN ASSIGNMENT
1. Create a Garageband Project and title it "Song Title_Part you are singing_LastName.
2. Drag the audio file found in the class Dropbox folder under GARAGEBAND TEST FILES (for group part tests) or SOLO RECORDING TRACK (solos only) into your project to use as the background track over which you will record your part or your solo.
3. Turn the volume down to -12 or lower.
4. Create a vocal track. Click the plus sign top left and select the mic icon for VOICE.
5. Make sure the track is selected and hit Command-D to duplicate as many tracks as you need.
6. Give each track a name or number.
7. Record several takes and then audition each section to determine the most accurate recording. Re-record any portion that is not acceptable in terms of notes, rhythm, diction, intonation, phrasing and style.
8. It will likely be necessary to trim the track by grabbing the bottom corners left or right.
9. To split a clip, highlight the clip and hit Command-T. Highlight the clip you want to discard and hit delete.
10. Once you have eliminated all unwanted clips, go to SHARE > Export Song to Disc > and save the file to a convenient location.
11. Find the Dropbox File Request Link in the Assignment description below, and upload your file to Dropbox. It will go to a private folder that only I will see.
12. Once graded, you will receive an evaluation of your work.
3/23 We made it through most of Act 2. W
3/25 - We will back up to just before door prizes and run full show to the end, then we will start from the beginning with the ASSEMBLY VERSION of the script. Please review so you can see where you fall. Most of the narrations will be eliminated or truncated for the assemblies. See ASSEMBLY SCRIPT in DB folder.
3/23 - Be prepared to continue on stage where we left off before break. All narrations from memory! And for all those in the musical skit, please see script and track on new tab next to SONGS above:
3/1 - Showcase Attire and Invites are due during class. Each is worth 20 points. We will run Act I on mic WITH DIALOGUE. Scripts are in the class drobox folder. All notes and all choreo need to be solid. See the BLOCKING tab above for all videos. REVIEW YOUR REHEARSAL TRACKS!
3/25 - DRESS REHEARSAL 5:30 - 7:30 PM. Full concert attire including accessories, undergarments, etc.
SIGN UP FOR ED PUZZLE
If it's your first time using Edpuzzle, you will need to sign up for an account (no email required!).